Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wine, Cheese & Chocolate, anyone?

The sun is set and the sky is a dusty, dark, blue, remnants of the day. Sounds of voices, happy voices, drift through the air. Looking down the patio, it is decked with strings of twinkling white lights, studios are lit with leftover Christmas lights, the flowers in the planters still shout out their colors, and the sound of Sue Palmer belting out Route 66 sets the mood. The Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Festival has begun, a benefit for the Women's History Museum.
Bella arches her back, spreads her delicate toes, and lifts her head to the stars and tips up her tail...her traditional 'Bella Stretch'....time to get up from the cozy blanket Cassandra in studio 32 has laid down...she has put a silk ribbon bow in my collar for the festivities. It is tied dyed, one of Cassandra's specialties for her beautiful silk work. If Bella were a human, she'd prefer the purple, pink & orange kimono displayed....but, humans have their draw backs...better stay a dog, less problems. Bella looks up with her soulful brown eyes and shows Cassandra her appreciation and trots off to inspect the festival...who wouldn't love a dog festooned with a tied dye bow on her collar? Bella walks down the patio, little screams of delight at my sight, hands petting my beautiful coat, remarks about my long, shaggy, fur, men wearing Hawaiian shirts patting me alittle too hard, and I try very hard to avoid those 5 inch heels these women are balancing on...I can see the tables are decorated with yellow sunflowers, and odd as this many seem....I see a single hummingbird balancing itself atop the tip of the highest point of a tree....oops! now some one is trying to pick me up....have to squirm my way out of this and trot on.....Many people are swing dancing to the beat of the Sue Palmer Trio....if I were human, I'd learn to swing dance....and WHATT is that??? Dancing??? It's the 'Wine God'!! And she has pizza on her breath! Pizza! Pizza! Now my venture has a goal! Ciao!

2 comments: