Friday, November 29, 2013

HAVE A DOG-GONE MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 
Christmas isn't a season.  It's a feeling..........Edna Ferber
 
And I'm feeling the spirit as I watch the villagers scuttling around, moving and decorating throughout the village.  Twinkling lights, wrapped packages, colorful Christmas balls, rag tied Christmas trees, wreaths, and so much more unique decorating in front of the studios.....really, it's enough to wear a dog out just lying here watching them.
 
Balboa Park's Annual December Nights is scheduled for December 6th and 7th, from 5 PM to 11 PM.....the museums will be free to enter, carolers, food booths, Santas, and much entertainment will be throughout the Park.
 
Parking is at a premium.  Valet service is available.  Shuttle service is available.
Dress warmly....
This is a family event....but if your dog is handsome, bring him along too....as I get older, just looking at handsome dogs is enough for me...perks the old fur up.
 
I will be eagerly awaiting your company in Spanish Village Art Center.  We will be festooned with colorful Christmas decoration, twinkling lights, the aroma of hot apple cider and freshly made popcorn, arts & crafts booths throughout the patio, live entertainment, food booths, a jolly  Santa booth for kids with an agenda, and lots of happy village artists looking forward to sharing the ambience and spirit of the season with you.
 
Franklin, the arachnophobic rat is eagarly anticipating the free yummies dropped on the floor, while Erika the rag cat is anticipating what Franklin would taste like....can't we just all get along???  Brandon my poodle buddy and I will be randomly greeting everyone, and humbly accepting handouts to munch.....although, belly rubs, head pats, and compliments are always appreciated.  I will be wearing a bright, fluffly, red bow on my collar, and Brandon will be wearing a large, green, bow tie on his collar.
 
There's a saying ' He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree'....Roy L. Smith........however, Franklin, Erika, Brandon, me and the other 4-legged members of the village look forward to all the goodies left on the grounds....waiting for us to store it away.....that, I guess, are our gifts from the Christmas season.
 
Well, come and celebrate with us!
Remember to keep the Spirit of Christmas all year round....and remind my brothers and sisters not to pee on the tree.
 
I love you all!
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment