Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas is in the Air!


Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas......Dale Evans

Thanksgiving is passed and Christmas is in the air. There is much commotion at the village as boxes are wrapped and happy ribbons adorn the packages...I am laying tightly in a ball trying to keep warm, enjoying the festivities of the villagers who are busily working on the decorations. There must be hundreds of wrapped boxes ready to be hung from the trees and piles of pine tree garland waiting to be adorned on Santa's gazebo. Steve is busily giving directions on displaying the hundreds of boxes. There are villagers tying bows, climbing ladders, and carrying armfuls of gift boxes here and there....there is much commotion on this cold November day...getting ready for December Nights in Balboa Park.


''Hi Bella'' ''How you doing girl?'' Steve pats my head as he hurrys to install the Christmas lights at the entrance.
Misha asks Steve if I've had anything to eat. ''Are you hungry, girl?'' she asks.
Hungry? Me? I wag my tail, lift my head and nudge Misha's hand and smell the aroma of fried chicken....
''Have some fried chicken, Bella''
...and the day became less cold because of the warm friends I have in the village.

1 comment:

  1. I love Spanish Village! Did you see my blog post on SV? http://localwally.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-cute-is-this.html

    ReplyDelete