Friday, January 7, 2011

Accepting Change

A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself......Josh Billings

Last year has brought on some profound losses. My friends Philip, Mary and Sylvia have passed leaving missing stitches in the fiber of Spanish Village. Longtime members of our village whose footprints will be remembered. So much change. And now, the stately carob tree in front of studio 25 has fallen over, a result of a shallow root system and the barrage of rain experienced this week....my favorite shady spot, my favorite safe spot, gone...sigh. And yet, all change. They say change is dynamic, and change is good...but what if it leaves gaping holes and feelings of loss?? Well, I roll over on my back and get my belly rubbed....ahhhh!...and life becomes more acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment